Our academic process is supported by a locally and internationally accepted curriculum and assessed by The Independent Examination Board (IEB)
- The IEB or The Independent Examination Board examines the National Senior Certificate (NSC) along withSACAI and the Department of Basic Education.
- All these examining bodies are overseen by Umalusi.
- Examinations are accredited by Umalusi, the QCTO, the Foundational Learning Competence and the ETDP SETA.
- Matriculants writing through either the IEB, SACAI, or the DBE will receive the same National Senior Certificate / Matric certificate.
- Completing Grade 12 IEB examinations is the equivalent of completing the curriculum to the standard of the British International AS Level.
Though many people believe that IEB is a separate curriculum, it is actually a set of external examinations of international standard written by learners at the end of Grade 12.
These examination papers are set by the Independent Examinations Board (IEB) and the resulting qualification is accepted at major universities around the world. Lofdal Christian School’s enhanced curriculum and small class sizes prepare learners for the unique questioning method in these examinations. This method requires great skill in applying learned material in a creative manner – another example of the way in which we provide learners with currant and relevant skills.
The IEB examinations are accredited by Umalusi, the QCTO, the Foundational Learning Competence and the ETDP SETA.